All matter, living and nonliving, is ultimately an electromagnetic phenomenon. The material world, at least as physics has penetrated, is an atomic structure held together by electromagnetic forces….
All of life on earth can be considered a unit, a glaze of sentience spread thinly over the crust. In toto its field would be a hollow, invisible sphere inscribed with a tracery of all the thoughts and emotions of all creatures. The Jesuit priest and paleontologist-philosopher Pierre Teilhard de Chardin postulated the same thing, a noosphere,or ocean of mind, arising from the biosphere like a spume. —Robert Becker, THE BODY ELECTRIC.
Becker’s fascinating book is one of my most favorite. We know now the truth of our oneness with all life, knowledge that only emerged in modern thought in relatively recent times — well after Edison’s discovery of the light bulb and the proliferation of electrical appliances of every sort imaginable; well after the radio and television as well. But not before the proliferation age of microwave technology and the cell phone. We were warned as early as 1985 of the dangers of Electromagnetic Radiation (EMR), sometimes called Electromagnetic Fields (EMF), to our health, physical as well as mental. Robert Becker warned science of this clear and present danger:
Since the earth’s electromagnetic activity has such a profound effect on life, the obvious question is: What are the consequences of our artificial energies?
He then painstakingly proceeded to publish such consequences. Of course, no one listened. The typical human attitude prevailed and prevails even today: If you can do it, you should, consequences to be dealt with later.
But what are some of these consequences? And how can we rationalize our use of artificial energy? A more profound question yet could be: Is it somehow included in the overall Plan of Evolution and the catalytic conversion of human flesh from a purely physical to a transmuted spiritual nature? Ah! Is there perchance method hidden in our madness, unbeknownst to even our own exalted intelligence? Is evolution using artificial energy as a tool for transformation and ultimate transmutation? Seeing how vast its presence and use is, we have to consider this possibility. Let’s explore . . . and inquire.
WHAT YOU CAN’T SEE CAN HURT YOU
Except for light and infrared heat, electromagnetic radiation and fields cannot be seen or even perceived without instruments, so most people don’t realize how drastically and abruptly we have changed the electromagnetic environment in just one century. Here’s a brief history:
- Scottish physicist James Clerk Maxwell showed mathematically in 1873 that light was but a small part of the vast undiscovered realm of radiation.
- Heinrich Hertz first found some of the radio waves in 1888.
- Thomas Edison had set up the first commercial electric-power system in New York in 1882.
- Nikola Tesla lit the Chicago World’s Fair with the first AC power system in 1893, and two years later he began the modern era of electrical engineering by harnessing Niagara Falls.
- Guglielmo Marconi sent a radiotelegraph across the Atlantic in 1901, using without acknowledgment a machine designed by the prolific Tesla.
- The invention of the vacuum tube in 1907 led to the first voice transmission by radio in 1915 and the first commercial station in 1920.
- Shorter and shorter radio waves, bounced off the ionosphere for long-distance communication, began to be used before World War II.
- The development of microwaves was impelled by the fight against fascism, which helped win the Battle of Britain, allowed all-weather bombing of Germany, and gave the American Navy a decisive edge over the Japanese. The conflict also produced other electronic devices of all types.
- In 1947 Bell Telephone set up the first microwave phone relay towers between New York and Boston, the same year the first commercial television broadcasts, also transmitted by microwaves, began. Since then nearly every human action has involved an electrical appliance, and today we’re all awash in a sea of energies life has never before experienced. (Paraphrased and adapted from Becker’s book)
Here’s a list of only a few of these appliances in use in 1985 when Becker published his book:
- Everything that runs on a battery produces a DC magnetic field.
- Strong magnetic fields are used in industry to refine ore, concentrate and recycle scrap iron, purify sewage, soften water for steam boilers, and many other tasks.
- The starting and stopping of an electric train turns the power rail into a giant antenna that radiates ELF [low frequency electromagnetic fields] waves for over 100 miles.
- Electromagnetic fields vibrating at 60 hertz (50 hertz in Europe and Russia) surround nearly every person on earth from appliances at home and machines at work.
- Over 500,000 miles of high-voltage power lines crisscross the United States. Innumerable smaller lines feed into every home, office, factory and military base, all producing AC and DC fields. Metal objects near the lines concentrate the fields to higher levels.
- In addition, high-voltage lines are, in effect, a gigantic antennae operating at 60 hertz in the ELF band, the largest “radio” transmitters in the world.
- AC magnetic fields vibrating at 100 to 10,000 hertz emanate from antitheft systems in stores and libraries, and from metal detectors in airports.
- Low-frequency radio waves are used for air and sea navigation, time references, emergency signals, some amateur radio channels, and military communications.
- Medium frequencies between 535 and 1,604 kilohertz are reserved for AM radio transmitters, which are limited to 50,000 watts in this country but are sometimes much more powerful abroad.
- HF and VHF channels are filled with chatter from the nation’s 35 million CB radios, as well as shortwave bands for more ham radios, air and seas navigation systems, military uses, spy satellites, and police and taxi radios. VHF television and FM radios also inhabit this region. There are now (1985) over ten thousand commercial radio and TV stations in the U.S. alone, and 7 million other radio transmissions, not counting the millions operated by the military.
- Weather satellites, some kinds of radar, diathermy machines, upward of 10 million microwave ovens, more cop and cab radios, automatic garage-door openers, highway emergency call boxes, and UHF television compete for the low microwave frequencies.
- Higher microwave bands are crowded with more military talk, channels of radar, navigational beacons, commercial communications satellites, various kinds of walkie-talkies, and America’s two-hundred-fifty-thousand (plus) microwave phone and TV relay towers. [As of 2011, there are some 7,012,000,000 cell phones in the hands of nearly 80% of the world’s population.]
- Like the infrared rays above them in the spectrum, radio waves and microwaves produce heat when directed in high-intensity beams. Hence they’re used for all sorts of industrial chores — bonding plywood, vulcanizing rubber, manufacturing shoes, sterilizing food, making plastics, and heat sealing the trillions of plastic-wrapped products in our stores, even opening oysters. Modern electronics would be impossible without the perfect silicon and germanium crystals grown in microwave furnaces. (Becker)
Dr. Becker concludes this section with these fair warnings:
The human species has changed its electromagnetic background more than any other aspect of the environment. For example, the density of radio waves around us is now 100 million or 200 million times the natural level reaching us from the sun. Nor is there any end in sight. When superconducting cables are introduced, they’ll increase the field strength around power lines by a factor of ten or twenty. Electric cars, magnetically levitated transport vehicles, and microwave-beam satellites for transmitting solar power to earth would each add strong new sources of electromagnetic contamination. A proposed electromagnetic catapult that could shoot satellites into space from mile-long rails built up the side of a mountain would require the combined output of the country’s thousand generating stations for the few seconds of each launch.
A few years ago most investigators believed that each wavelength interacted mainly with objects comparable to it in size. This was a comforting notion that theoretically limited each frequency to one type of effect and predicted that really troublesome problems for humans would come from only one portion of the spectrum–the FM band. Now, however, we know there are primary effects on all life-forms at ELF frequencies, and in other parts of the spectrum there can be consequences for specific systems at any level, from the subatomic to the entire biosphere as a unit.
The rest of this chapter deals with the specific detrimental effects of ELF radiation on human biology, physiology, hormonal chemistry and mental function, which are too numerous for a blog post — not to mention the disorienting effect microwave radiation is having on birds and insects — the bees, for example, who reportedly often can’t find their way home to their hives, impacting fruit and vegetable plants that depend on pollination for the production of our foods. Bird migration has been disrupted along with that of the mammoth whales in our vast oceans.
IS ARMAGEDDON UNDERWAY?
Where is all this leading? Where has it taken us? Are we destroying our natural habitat and committing suicide? Are we perhaps hastening the evolution of our species and facilitating the evolution of Gaia into a “Fourth-Density planet,” leaving it uninhabitable for third-density life — a direction in which David Wilcock proposes planet Earth is headed in his books The Source Field Investigations and The Synchronicity Key? Is electricity the very fire of bodily transmutation, an externalized force kindled and driven by the transmuting Fire of Love? Is this the fire of Armageddon that was prophesied to destroy the world? Ah, these are the questions I find thought provoking. What do you think? Or do you even think about such things? Write me in the comment feature. I would love to hear your thoughts. ‘Till next we travel these thought currents together,
Be love. Be loved.
Visit my HealthLight Newsletter online at http://liftingtones.com for health related articles. The current issue’s feature is “Cancer Cure and the pH Factor.”
P.S. 114 countries visit my blogs.