Creating Unified Sacred Sound Fields (excerpted from my book Attunement With Sacred Sound)
This is a powerful healing technique whereby two or three quartz crystal bowls are used to create a unified sound field with the recipient placed in the middle of the setting. This can be done with vocal toning as well where two or three individuals or small groups tone the designated pitches. A Vesica Piscis is created where the sound waves meet and overlap one another. The one sitting or lying down in the Sacred Sound Vesica may experience profound frequency shifts that may open a portal through which something entirely new may be born in consciousness, such as new revelations, new thoughts and creative ideas, even new patterns of healing and transformation in one’s physical and energetic bodies. This is the magician’s realm of expertise. Sound healing in its finest advanced application.
When a single tone is sounded, it sends out a spherical waveform. This waveform creates a “sound field.”
When two harmonious tones are sounded simultaneously, their sound fields overlap creating thereby a “third field.” This opens a vibrational window referred to as a “Vesica Piscis,” a unified sound field. I am calling this a “Sacred Sound Field.”
The Vesica Piscis is a vibrational portal formed by two overlapping fields of energy. It derives its name from its fishlike shape. It has been called the “Womb of the Great Mother,” as it serves as a vibrational birth canal for a “third” waveform to come forth that may give rise to new thought and inspiration, leading to new and innovative creative expression. This phenomenon demonstrates George Gurdjieff’s “Law of Three,” which I expand upon in my book Attunement with Sacred Sound.
We can create various unified harmonic sound fields using quartz crystal bowls. (I was not able to reproduce the color images from my book.)
- A “Perfect Fifth” sound field for healing can be created using two bowls that are tuned a Perfect Fifth apart in their tone. For example an A and an E bowl, or an F and a C bowl, etc. The colors in these diagrams are not true to the frequencies, but this gives one an idea of how two frequencies overlapping create a unified field with a different tonal quality.
- A more complex sound field is created by using three bowls whose pitches form a harmonious triad. For example F, A and C bowls. This combination of harmonic sounds is ideal for balancing the endocrine and chakra energy fields. As laid out in the chart on page 71, each pitch is assigned to a specific aspect of the sacred energy site with which one is working. Again, these colors are not true to the frequencies. One can get a sense, however, of how different tonal qualities are created by the overlapping sound fields.
Endocrine and Chakra Pitches
- Crown Chakra and Pineal Gland: B, D#, F (The pound sign # indicates the note is sharp, half a step up)
- Brow and Pituitary Gland: A, C sharp, E
- Throat and Thyroid Gland: G, B, D.
- Heart and Thymus Gland: F, A, C.
- Solar and Pancreas Gland: E, G sharp, B.
- Root Chakra and Adrenal Glands: D, F sharp, A.
- Sacral Plexus and Gonadal Glands: C, E, G.
Moving energy with sound
We can move energy by changing the pitch of the third harmonic up and down. For example, while working with the thymus and heart centers, using the F, A and C bowls, by changing the middle note A to an A flat or G sharp, we can dip down and connect with stuck dissonant energies at deeper levels in the heart where perhaps troubled feelings are being harbored. Then, by returning to the A bowl, we can resolve the dissonant energy back to a harmonious tone and thereby reclaim the energy being used to maintain troubled feelings, incorporating it back into the whole.
To bring sacred energy down from higher frequency levels, change the A to an A sharp then back down to an A. This technique can introduce fresh energy into the mix to energize the field and may even help shift the frequency of the body itself to a higher level. These techniques can be used with all combinations of harmonic triads.
In my next post I will talk about the “Law of Three” and the Law of the Octave. So, stay tuned.
Dr. Anthony Palombo, D.C.
Note: one can order my book Attunement With Sacred Sound from Health Light Books or from Amazon.
Leave a Reply